Application Guidelines and General Policies
The Clinical Teachers Association at Western University provides its members the opportunity to apply for funding to support their professional development. This contest is open to CTA Members for development courses, projects or other interests, that will enhance the member’s ability in teaching, administration or other proven professional development.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be considered. Applications with projects that meet criteria will be reviewed by members of the CTA board. As this is a competitive process not all projects may be funded. Successful grants cannot be transferred to projects other than the one included in the application. For projects with a budget greater than the award amount, the applicants are responsible for covering the additional expenses.
The deadline is April 21, 2023. Awards will be announced and funds distributed June 2023.
- Only members of the UWO Clinical Teachers Association are eligible to apply
- Priority will be given to applications that clearly demonstrate the anticipated benefit to the individual which may include but not limited to: an enhancement of the individual’s ability in research, teaching, or administration (each of these areas are of equal value), as well as, its contribution to the department/division as a whole
- A letter of support from the faculty member’s Department/Division Chair is required.
- Members may apply more than one time, however a minimum of 3 years is required between awards. Exceptions may be considered for past recipients who did not fully utilize all of the award amount.
The following will NOT be supported:
- Research projects/support
- Financial support related to sabbatical leaves
- Reimbursement of faculty developmental activities that have taken place prior to application deadline.
- Reimbursement of lost income
- Financial support for Graduate Studies (Masters / Phd)
Submit completed applications by midnight April 21, 2023
Any applications received following the deadline will not be adjudicated.
Adjudication will be performed by the CTA-UWO Board, as well as, possible ad-hoc invitations to referees with expertise in the field pertinent to the application.
A written report describing the completed project is REQUIRED within 12 months of receiving funds. Reports are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants will be distributed to the faculty member’s department for distribution.