Application Guidelines and General Policies
Each year the Clinical Teachers Association (CTA) for Western University provides its members the opportunity to apply for funding to support their professional development. This contest is open to CTA Members for development courses, projects or other interests, that will enhance the member’s or their department’s ability in teaching, administration or other proven professional development.
The deadline is April 1, 2020. Funds will be available as of May 1, 2020. Funds will be dispersed upon receiving of receipts for the costs incurred.
EXTENDED 2020 DEADLINE: The CTA recognizes the exceptional time we are in now and to assist with our members’ time restraints we have extended the deadline to apply for the Faculty Development Fund until September 30, 2020. If you have already submitted an application please rest assured that your application will remain on file and will be adjudicated in the fall. Where applicable, spring applications will be awarded funds retroactively for events that may have already taken place.
- Only members of the UWO Clinical Teachers Association are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to applications that clearly demonstrate the anticipated benefit to the individual which may include but not limited to: an enhancement of the individual’s ability in research, teaching, or administration (each of these areas are of equal value), as well as, its contribution to the department/division as a whole.
- A letter of support from the faculty member’s Department/Division Chair is required.
The following will NOT be supported:
- Research projects/support
- Financial support related to sabbatical leaves
- Reimbursement of faculty developmental activities that have taken place prior to application deadline
- Reimbursement of lost income
- Financial support for Graduate Studies (Master/Phd)
Submit completed applications by midnight September 30, 2020.
Any applications received following the deadline will not be adjudicated.
Adjudication will be performed by the CTA-UWO Board, as well as, possible ad-hoc invitations to referees with expertise in the field pertinent to the application.
A written report describing the completed project is REQUIRED within 12 months of receiving funds. Reports are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants will be distributed to the faculty member’s department for distribution.